Limits Of Your Imagination.

I really had to take a moment I don't mind telling you. It all seemed surreal when it was happening. I stood back, did the calculations in my head and then it suddenly occurred to me. Like it had always been there only the elements necessary for the now obvious conclusion never fully materialized but here it was now staring me in the face. A Metro "weekly pass" is actually only good for six days.
Week? Six days? Week? Six days? And it goes on cause once the realization hits there remains so many more questions. The most obvious of which is are you serious? Six days. Under other circumstances this could really just derail things entirely, but things have to get done and gin is not going to lie around and drink itself which is such a shockingly convenient coincidence at times it makes one shudder.
I just resigned myself to getting ripped off by Metro and bought another weekly pass like a dumbfounded lemming. Not a care in the world really. Make it to the local Starbucks yesterday morning and someone from work is there. Too early for polite conversation I think so I grab my drink and leave. This 5 foot nothing elf totally paces me going up Figueroa and I think I must be hallucinating. She says hi, irrelevant and disjointed conversation ranging from where I commute from to how many hours does it take me to get to work ensues. How can this happen? Everything planned so carefully.
Coming home from work some imperious man in a uniform asks to see my ticket. I haul out my overpriced weekly pass and hand it to him. He scans it with some contraption and I shake my head and look away in disgust. In the end the officer almost has to force the Metro pass back into my unwilling hand, but I eventually take it knowing full well how much of my pride it has cost me. Bugger Metro! If gas weren't ruinously expensive. I'd still want someone to take me to and from work but the option seems nice on some mornings. Wielding ridiculous and unnecessary power to convey oneself can be so alluring.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home