Hearing About Violent Uprisings.

Free City life can be so tarsome. It is always the overly encumbered and massive ones I end up stuck behind or even around. Standing in line at the coffee shop I was stunned when some lady in a sad approximation of a mackintosh brushed against me whilst fiddling with her massive trolley she was lugging behind her. I eyed her icily up and down and went back to concentrating on the Jesus phone.
So she does it again and this time makes a point of saying "excuse me". I was breathless, anxious to get to work which is odd. Nothing much else but I have the misfortune of walking out in front of her so I decide to hold the door for the actively intrusive yet selectively courteous one. Thanks yous and your welcomes are exchanged and I try to walk to work when this lady just zig zags in front of me not knowing which way is left or right or where she needs to be until I hold my arms out in exasperation.
I mean really. Just all trying to get to work here and this frosted haired thing with a trolley cart is having some sort of fit in front of me. I take a deep breath and then she apparently realizes she needs to walk in the opposite direction entirely. I just shake my head and walk on and wonder if it would be too country to rock my new Purdey hip flask in the city. Cause sometimes I think it might really help.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home