Radical Decay And Memory.

Been blogging off and on about Henry Cavill since he took my breath away banging the naked daylights out of the Duke of Buckingham's daughter in the first episode of the Tudors. The final episode of the Tudors, however, saw his death, my 2 day nervous breakdown even though I knew it was coming, and some serious chocolate binging. So I was happy to learn Ol' Henry was picked to be the next Superman. He is indeed a super-man. Mega polyglot, handsome, and did I mention I sat through a Woody Allen movie just because he was in it?
At least in Superman I know he won't succumb to the strains of the Protestant Reformation and the ravages of old age. He'll save the day, be heroic, and above all do it in tights. Thrilled isn't quite an adequate word.
_______________________________________________
On a totally unrelated, almost creepily so, note, I just have to say it is no longer acceptable to preface a statement with "As a (something although usually mother or more generally woman)" and expect that it will shield the statement from critique or rebuke. Being in a particular position does not render what you say true or even rational for that matter. It doesn't make your claim any more interesting or probing. It just reveals something about yourself that is either painfully obvious or that you probably should have kept private, and oh yeah, it annoys. If I have to hear "As a mother dah dah dah" one more time I think I may just have at the declarants face. A donkey has offspring for Christ sake, it doesn't mean that whatever comes out its mouth is a fucking pearl of wisdom. I don't know why that's been buggin' lately but it has and had to vent.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home