What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, January 14, 2011

Most Famous Notion You Have Had.




Think it's about time I busted out of Lil' Armo. Been here way too long and although it has its charms there are some things which bring us down. Like the Rite Aid. I can't do it anymore. Their mega huge union make their employees listless detached and frankly annoying. I stood in line for what seemed like ages the other day just to buy one thing. The corner shop is no better. Delightful Korean lady named Carol who took over from a delightful Chinese man a couple years back has finally got the joint back up to its usual pace, but as I was walking out yesterday with my bag of sweets and salad dressing I stopped to snap a pic of something called The Grilled Cheese Truck. Fun I thought. Never open and kinda odd, but fun. Then I was stopped by a gentleman who muttered something I could scarcely hear over the No Age blaring in my ears so I turned it down and after three "agains" I could only make out in a thick Armenian accent

"This is Friday?"

I repeated "This is Friday?"

He said "Yes, is this Friday?"

"No dear. This is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday." I replied.

He look confused. Went back on his heels and said "Whoo. I'm drunk."

Well I'm leaving. Koreatown is looking more and more better with all the noodle shops and vintage architecture. I sent some inquiries last night. I hope they're as impressed with me as I am with them. I know Compadre claims to have been victim of an attempted mugging there and all, but frankly I have no recollection of that night and he did get away after all.

Then finally I can bust out my Hussen Chalayan Tee shirt with Kemal Ataturk on the front. Boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home