Her Stunning Defeat.

So I am going to admit something. I was a little moved by the President's State of the Union speech. Honestly, and I'm not being sarcastic. I even got a little teary eyed. I think maybe it's because I was a little drunk, but I honestly needed to in order to get through the last eight State of the Unions and it kinda just stuck. Like steeling myself before the dawn.
There were some serious sour pusses in the audience. They just sat there all frowning n'shit. I can't imagine what their problem was. I for one was just relieved I didn't have to think about what the President had said three sentences ago and could just passively listen to the speech. His words flowed, but more importantly they conveyed coherent thoughts that one didn't have to piece together. It was quite refreshing. The cadence of his voice lacked that irritating tone where you just know the speaker doesn't totally understand all the words they've been asked to say. I shouldn't say irritating. It's not irritating in nine year old reciting Shakespeare, but again refreshing.
Thumbs Up.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home