What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, April 11, 2008

I Make Lists Of Things I Intend To Forget.


Not sure what to make of this. Well first off it's positively glacial in my office and I'm seconds away from calling someone about it and giving them the what for. But more importantly, some incomprehensible article written in some form of mono-syllabic half English is claiming that neither Derek nor Georgie will be playing in tonight's game against Boston. I never! This is certainly going to be a crushingly boring weekend without baseball. And it's going to be something like 88 degrees in Los Angeles so there are so many things to do outside: heat-stroke, sunburn, dehydration, and tea! Whatever the case, circumstances, the weather and time itself have all conspired to place me in a filthy mood, and the weekend is yet to begin.

Did I mention that some dude I work with finds it necessary to wait until he's at the wash basin to do up his pants? Yes. Yesterday while washing my hands I was assaulted with a glimpse of this common ass mother fucker's temple garments. For a second I thought I may have been transported to The Cuff where such social foibles are encouraged, even rewarded. But I quickly found my senses and realized I was still in an office, this dude's wearing a rugby, and Jean Paul Sartre may actually have been right all along. All I could do was go back to my office and stare at the wall for half an hour and pretend I was somewhere else.


LA based clothing label Fremont, which I think I've mentioned before, has opened a small boutique on 4th street quite near the Comme des Garcons guerrilla shop I promised myself I'd visit. I may just have to pop in there as well and see these guys' latest take on the deconstructed tee and the casual separate. Not really sure what these folks are going to do when the guerrilla shop pulls up stakes and moves out. Not really much of an appeal alongside the cosmically desperate Situation Normal and your run of the mill sneak shops. But it's nice to see the beginnings of some whisper of a retail scene in downtown. The Grand Street revitalization project is moving along at full steam and little shops like this really need to do their part in tidying up for the impending Crate & Barrels. I see slatted wood, exposed duct work, barren white walls, a taste of fresh with a peppering of homey sterility. Actually I'm pretty sure these guys just moved into Situation Normal. I can't see why they would move next door and decorate their shop in exactly the same fashion. I do hope they've removed that infernal door bell.

Filthy mood.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home