Facless Images Of Background Noise.
My world has suddenly changed in a day, and it honestly feels like an enormous weight has been lifted off of me. For the first time in well over a year I have no immediate plans to get on an airplane, or plan a vacation, or schedule something or other to help me alleviate the pain of my job. I spoke with several people yesterday afternoon, and there was near universal congratulations for my new found position in this world. Near universal is all one can hope for I suppose.So I'm left looking around at all these things that have become so familiar they ceased being scenery a long time ago. Little tweaker on the subway platform with the suitcase full of meth, no, no won't be seeing you any longer. Last night I tried to make a list of all the things I wanted to do before I quit Los Angeles, and I could only muster two words: Pack and leave. Something may come to me, but I'm simply in no mood to force it. Pony made it look almost effortless so I see little need in making a big fuss over the whole thing.
Even Don't Call Me Whitney Bobby likes his boy butt every now and again.Still no solid word on the state of Derek's injury although it does look like he's going to sit out this series against Kansas City and rest his quad. I looked up quad yesterday and it has something to do with the leg. Whatever it is, mine apparently functions normally, and Derek's is in a somewhat tenuous state. The girls lost last night, and I simply didn't have the heart to watch the game. Actually, I had my headphones on, and was dancing like a hooligan, taking notes of all the things I needed to throw out, send to the Goodwill, and pack, and there simply wasn't much time for baseball.
Luckily my schedule is about to clear up mighty fast, and Derek should be quickly on the mend. Yesterday there was some scurrilous and hurtful talk of RoRo taking over for Derek at shortstop, but after RoRo struck out four times in a row yesterday I'm confident such rumors will disappear.
I bought one of these Cavern tee shirts when I was in Seattle. Most of them looked hideous and boring in the same breath, but one of them struck a note with me. It had this creepy wilderness horror movie graphic that didn't seem too overly baroque. Some bloggers are writing about them today, and I guess they have a new denim line coming out (shock). They really don't seem to be the thing in Seattle. I picked mine up at an 80% discount. I never would have considered it otherwise. An "original take on the graphic tee" is something akin to a "radical reformulation of the way we view dust". The one I picked up will be peddled off on ebay some time next month, but you can take a gander over at Oak if you be interested.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home