I Thought It Meant Forever.

Finally! I was actually able to sit down and watch some ball last night. As well as immerse myself in the magical world of Harry Potter. Everyone else knows what's going on with Harry Potter so it's not worth mentioning, however, ball is a completely different matter. Last night the girls not only demonstrated blatant run wastage, but wholesale homo wastage. Bobby, Robbie, Melky, Georgie, Johnny and Sandy each hit a home run. Hideki Matsui got it into his head to hit two. Well I never. For a while it seemed a little disheartening. The way the local Chicago announcers were commenting on the plays you'd think the fucking White Sox invented the game. If not that, then pioneered everything significant about the game and were the only team in the league that were doing anything to advance the game in any meaningful direction. In that sense I was quite pleased that the Yankees spanked the daylights out of the White Sox. I do loathe Ozzie Guillen with a passion I reserve for very few human beings and various form of spider. And after the Freddy Garcia and Maglio debacle I sincerely hope for the utmost misery to befall that team. But the real pleasure comes from listening to the announcers once and for all shut the hell up about how overrated they think the Yankees are. Oh, and Mikey was pitching, and getting him a win is probably more important than all of those petty reasons I imagine once you get down to it. But Ozzie Guillen just burns me up.
It's all a welcome diversion from work which is, sadly, still quite oppressive. Not so much with all of the annoying questions and all, but just yesterday I needed to heat up half of my Quizno's Caprese sandwich in the office microwave and when I opened up the microwave door I saw lifeforms, nay, ecosystems of baked in, congealed, encrusted grime. It was nauseating. If my mama saw it she'd have the whole office shut down and evacuated. And on a related note I'm grappling with how to go about telling one of my co-workers that the very way in which they masticate is perhaps the most unpleasant phenomenon I know to exist. I'm not sure there is a real delicate way of bringing that up.
Well, Anonymous D certainly has all sorts of fun to look forward to in his new position. Today is his first day, and we wish him the best of luck while simultaneously expressing our kindest sympathies. Did I tell you the bitch raised our rent. Oh yes. He did.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home