What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Pain In Your Eyes




I was finding my work situation a little challenging so I decided to take off early and write some things of note. No need to worry I looked fantastic today. No it was just a simple issue of a seething ginormous paralegal. And of course I can't say anything. That would be inappropriate. I am neither large or a paralegal. Anyway...

This weekend I picked up some pretty tempting music. Jan Jelinek's Tierbeobachtung picks up where Kosmischer Pitch left off. Artfully crafted loops and chirps that develop into an overall compelling albeit sterile listening experience. Jelinek's last two albums have not really grabbed me like Loop Finding Jazz Records or his work as Farben, however, Tierbeobachtung warrants several listens before a final judgment can be reached. P.S., Tierbeobachtung means Animal Observation, and Kosmischer Pitch means cosmic something. Pitch isn't a real German word, just a backwoods patois.

I also picked up Luomo's Paper Tigers, and I have to say that of the two this one has really grabbed my attention and isn't letting go. Eschewing microhouse, house, and dance music generally to create an album that has all the indicia of dance music, but is far more engaging and easier on the ear during a casual listen. I don't know, I think Stylus referred to it as coffee table music, and the twit at cokemachineglow actually used the term hermeneutics in his review. It's clear that the writer has no clue what it means, but he read a book that used the word. It was a book I belive on Critical Native Theory which I'm sure he has no concept of, but face it people that write music reviews and talk about the books they read are burdened with an insecurity that I could never even fathom.

While at work I was reading up on John Kerry's comments about education and ending up in Iraq, and I nearly blew a gasket when I read what the seeting GOPs had to say about it. The simple fact of the matter is that for a growing number of people there only post secondary options are to study hard and pray for a scholarship, or join the military and see what happens. However clumsy Kerry's words may have been he is at a minimum touching on an issue that I rarely hear discussed yet concerns me. The socio-economic stratification that allows are military to grow endlessly. Of course the GOPs would never address this issue because they need people to be poor in order to fund the military bank, but insted of calling them poor people that have no choice and eventually get shafted by the gov when they lose a limb, they call them heros. And any type of discourse a shade away from "Military as Heroes" is stifled. So since we can only speak of our military in one way there is very little point to talk about it at all, and in effect the GOPs have come out and said "No Talking About The Military." There is no need to examine it. Criticiem is unpatriotic, as is discourse, and reasoned thought, and thinking, and Vivienne Westwood. I wrote to the Washington Post, NPR, FoxNews, and some others and tried to explain this position to them, but my thought will not be published for reasons articulated above and are also readily apparent in todays news. Bottom line, what Kerry said is unsettling to many, but it isn't unsettling because it isn't true.

Monday's news of Ryan and Reese breaking up nearly did me in. I immediately added Cruel Intentions to my Netflix queue, but already there is a wait for that movie. Boo!!

Also it's Novemeber, and I don't seem to have me a bottle of Driven, and I do believe I was promised such an item. Representations were made, but how the frak would I know. I'm not a paralegal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home