What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm Trying To Situate Moments In Time.



I really wanted to thank everyone who has offered their kindnesses over the past week. Cory Lidle was burried in California earlier today.

_____________________________________________________


This weekend was a music shopping weekend and I yanked some of the most amazing things. As many of you know The Decemberists dropped a new album The Crane Wife. This is actually the first full length Decembrists album I've purchased and I couldn't be more pleased. The lyrics are completely irrelevant (Colin may say ponderous), but the emotional resonance is there. Had I not gone to such a wonderful show with Pony and Goatphase it's unlikely I'd like this band as much as I do, just like it is unlikely I'd own a Jesus Jones album, but they put on a kick'n show back in 91'. My favorite parts of the album so far are the Morrisseyesque "Whoa Oh" that he slips into one of the songs, and the elegant channeling of Mick Jones on The Perfect Crime. Genius.

Even better than The Decembrists are The Cold War Kids. This band is so far up my ass right now I can't even tell you. The seemingly defunct goatphase first introduced me to this band, and I think I'm having a little goatphase miss moment because in addition to this stellar band I also picked up Sunset Rubdown and can't stop listening to the song goatphase used to play in his car The Emplty Threats Of Little Lord. Oh good times. I can just shop those memories away

I've taken to referring to my 3 co-workers as simply The Three. I found their actual designations tiresome. The Three are subdivied into one of three, two of three, and of course 27. it's much easier that way. Each of them has an amazing capacity to not retain a single piece of relevant information. This bothers me as it always bothers me when people speak with authority on a subject they're completely mistaken about, but with all my new music, and lunch time hot spots (sans pony boo you very much) it's not all that much to fuss about.

Something that IS to fuss about are some of these scurrilous articles that have been popping up on the internet bout Derek. Some have been taken down out of respect, but they were there this morning, and I nabbed this cute pic. As soon as the hateful spew is back on the net I will provide a link. Anonymous D is powerless in this matter. He has been screening all print media so I only read things about Derek that are worth reading, but the internet has just changed all of our lives hasn't it.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do what I can. Derek looks and you sound a little melancholy. Get over it. My birthday's coming up!
    XXOO Dan

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sooooooooo....fine. goatphase shall no longer be defunct. cold way, december, massages.....fine.

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    Sorry to hear about your celly. Such inconveniences really suck. Did you get the message that my new lunch date is not nearly as fun to eat with as you were?

     
  • At 10:42 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Yes. And my bolsa isn't as fun as you. I poke it. I talk to it. She just isn't any fun. Stupid thing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home