How To Indulge The Loss.

I tried not to look at the headlines. I wouldn't have even pulled myself off the floor if anonymous Dan's cat's weren't starving. But I did. Mostly crawled. Oh this is ugly. Most horrifying. Nothing whatsoever like Flashdance. It may replace Prada as the new suck.
Watching my Yankees and then later the Dodgers be eliminated from the ALDS and NLDS respectively is an experience I can barely remember, and it isn't what you might think. I couldn't watch the complete demise of the season. I had to occupy myself. I ironed in front of the television. Then I organized my graphic t-shirts by color, then my Martin Margeila sweaters, how I got so many is anyone's frackin guess. But then it was over. If the Yankees are going to be eliminated then by god my closet is going to look nice.
So in the aftermath:
Joe Torre is expected to be fired if he doesn't resign first or if no one is able to convince George Steinbrenner that losing his fucking mind and making bad decisions is not a coping mechanism. No. At his age and with his bone structure it's just sad. Remarkably enough this news comes to us from Canada.
Ro Ro is expected to get no peace until he does the only decent thing and waives his no-trade clause. The people at northjersey.com won't stand for any of his shennanigans any longer, nor the dramma, or posing, or fancy Ed Hardy t-shirts. No! The good people at northjersey.com are either yet to grasp the concept of irony, or are cunning masters and wield irony in order annoy me. Dubious goal to be sure, but if you just read it you see that there isn't much else they could possibly be accomplishing.
And my favorite is the laughable concept that Mike Mussina (who is as cute as the day is long) will be dropped and Randy Johnson (who gave up three runs in the first two innings in game 3) not only won't be ejected into space, but may in fact remain in pinstipes for another year. Again, just because you have baggage doesn't mean you're interesting.
The opinions are all over the board and frankly sweeties I don't give a tard. The season is over, I'm starting a new job tomorrow, I still have ironing to do, Christmas shopping, Parents are coming, and Band of Horses. I certainly don't have time to speculate how mother fucking out of his goddamned mind George Steinbrenner is.
And by the way. If any of you missed Battlestar Galactica on Friday they will replay it tomorrow at 11:00pm. It was amazing, and will play a vital role is soothing the burns of a desperate season. As soon as Jamie loses all that weight anyways.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home