Positioning Yourself Against The Tide.
Matt Banahan and Sam Burgess. Crashing into one another's arms. Quite right. Two of my favoritest rugby players playing together for Bath. Tearing it up. It all seems to make perfect sense even if I had to sit through American football for what seemed like all day yesterday.
I ran to the store to get kibble for my precious princess. I grabbed the wrong coupon on my way out of the house so I had to pay full price. Puddles! It was an hour before kick-off so everyone in the store was jamming about like mad, trying to get their booze home before the game started, and let's face it, it really is a dull sport that requires copious amounts of booze before one can even pretend to be interested. My check-out karma is still in the gutter and I found myself behind a woman who decided to put all her fruit in one bag so the checker had to take each piece out and weigh it separately while I just sat there and watched, waited, and wished sincerely that I was anywhere but there.
During the game I was entirely scandalized when I developed a full bore crush on the Packer's quaterback Aaron Rodgers. He doesn't play for the Seahawks so I felt just slightly disloyal. After the game when I went back to the store to buy more beer to wash the taste of dispassionate victory out of my mouth the drunk teezed out red-neck girls screaming on the streets made me feel all the less guilty. Like I knew deep down I was doing the right thing not rooting for the Seahawks.
Whipped up a potato salad, finished the crossword, called the parents and nestled into another installment of Downton. Except for the American football it was still a remarkably nice Sunday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home