What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, July 29, 2011

Ambition Always A Bit Vulgar



Vancouver must be like the dopest place on Earth. Almost a year back in LA for the fourth time I believe and I miss my Coronation Street & my thrift stores. Thrift stores here are alright, but whatever. I don't miss the clothes shopping at all. Abysmal. Wretched. Hackish.

But I up and found another shop in Vancouver I like and I'm thinking a little road trip up there may be worth it. The shop is called Lark and it stocks some of my favorite gear: Barbour, Kitsune, Frank Leder, Sunspel, Chimala and plenty others. Totally subscribes to the simple elegance & relaxed luxury casual vibe I've been appreciating lately. Figured I should say something positive about some place since I went off on Hackbird. But they fucking deserve it.

Lark is also the name of a nice bakery in Echo Park where Compadre bought me a delicious red velvet birthday cake. Coincidence? Rather think not.

Work is still a shit festival of lame. Every time someone says something particularly prosaic I now respond with a snap. Right out of nowhere and there on the spot. One good turn deserves another or so I say & snapping can be fun. Breaks up the day anyway. Along with reading pretentious tweets and getting infuriated. I'm only paid to read shit, be professional and comment as appropriate. No one gives me jack to do pretentious shit and in case you've failed to notice it, I'm starting to resent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home