What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, November 07, 2016

They Have Come Here For Me.



I let the cards fall where they lay this morning. There are some days when you can just fight and flail against the forces that frustrate and bind, and then there are days when you just let things happen as they might. You hit snooze, you ignore your clock, you turn off all the apps and especially the one that tells you how late for your bus you are and you just let things happen, and be it the end of ‘summer time’ or no things pretty much played out the same for me this morning as they would have had I stressed all the bullshit.

I still have work to do, an immense ballot to comprehend, fill out and send, a pile of bills (cable, gas and water) to pay, a flight to book, and almost just not enough moments in the day.

I am overhearing things in the office that aren’t meant for me. Someone is talking about his early voting experience as though it were a life affirming experience, and someone else is trying to take the person seriously without being patronizing. I could go into the room and remind them that voting is merely a superficial expression aimed at validating oppressive and hierarchical state structures which at their core minimize and subordinate the body politic as much as it serves, but hey, the power went out, and we had to fend for ourselves. And being in a darkened high rise in Century City may seem all Die Hard and shit, but really it is just a people floundering about, trying to illuminate passages with their smart phones, and asking people questions they know they haven’t the answers to.


Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home