What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Formalities Are Cautiously Disregarded.



Maybe I’m evicted. Maybe I’m not. These things happen. I get loud.

Game 7 of the World Series finally ended in extra innings and I am right happy it did not end with me throwing my back out again. If it is humanly possible to dislocate something by shouting loud enough I very nearly proved it last night.

The game did not go my way last night and although my first instinct was to go out and get slaughtered I did the responsible thing and collapsed into a ball of self- pity, took 6-7 hours bed rest and came into work like normal people do across the world. So here I am being normal.

The bus this morning took a curious detour onto Sunset. I am not sure what it was all about, but it smelled like it involved burning tires and drunkenness. Most things on Sunset in my experience involve drunkenness in one way or another. I was happy when we finally got off and back onto the more respectable Santa Monica.

In the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf the PTSD addled former military douche sneered at my barista lady when she shouted (she has a way of shouting) ‘Good Morning!’. He has already voted and he has voted for Trump. I can just tell. He has that look in his eye. My barista lady gave me an extra shot and I bounced eyeing the dude with all the suspicion he warranted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home