What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, October 24, 2016

We Focused On The Distractions.


The weekends really are crucial when you spend your weekdays in Century City. Running errands after work is absolutely not the thing so every moment of the weekend counts.

I left early Saturday  morning for the coffee that just had to get inside me. Being Los Angeles someone was of course screaming nonsensically in the distance.

‘SCIENTOLOGISTS! NAZI PAPARAZZI’ 

They wailed and it got louder and more menacing the closer I came to my destination,

‘FUCKING SCIENTOLOGY! NAZI PAPARAZZI!’

I couldn’t get to the café fast enough. Retreating east on Franklin there was some Brah of Sunset driving a yellow Ferrari that lacked any kind of muffler. He was trying to drop off a date that was looking as embarrassed as you’d expect someone normal to look being driven around in a yellow Ferrari. I think we were just all happy to see the whole thing not end with someone having their stomach pumped. 

Everything got done, and I am not even sure why I put in the effort since it all just fell to shit this morning. A deluge southern California has not seen the likes of struck the moment I walked out my front door. Possibly several moments prior, but it was still in strong effect and it immediately pushed me back inside. There was even lightning and thunder from the special effects crew. I was contemplating taking Uber into work when it finally subsided.

Half way down Santa Monica I realize I left half my shit at my place. Phone charger, my lunch, and any sense of higher purpose in this world. All back in the flat. Typical.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home