A Rainbow Of The Ordinary.
I will not sugar coat it even though it would make it less unpalatable
there is a simple truth about working in Century City that goes beyond the soul
punishing commute and the ridiculous penury inducing parking rates and that is that
the food is completely and unapologetically beyond shit. I don’t know who eats
here, well actually I kind of do, but I honestly believe if it isn’t a customized
salad bar with a separate table for micro-greens and ancient grains they just
don’t bite.
The taco carts of downtown never come here, and when they do
they only come on Friday and they serve things like lobster rolls in rice paper
with ponzu chutney and other nouvee bougie meets street weak ass shit and we
haven’t got time for weak ass shit.
The Farmers Market is today which in a way always just
builds you up just to tear you down. How excited am I to get about a basket of
berries, and you really have to put aside the fact that the entire place is
engulfed in the smoke of burning animal carcass from the Hawaiian barbeque that
always draws heaps and heaps of CAA employees and entertainment lawyers in pastels.
There is Bibimbap I suppose you can say, but even though the
Bibimbap in downtown is only served in the dark recesses of the Paul Hastings
food court and only within the time frame of 11:30 and 2:00 it far exceeds the
quality of the over styled preciousness on offer in the Century City mall. They
don’t even give you Japchae, but they give you delightful paper bags to carry
it in so that is something. It isn’t something palatable, but it is something.
The Indian food from the Farmers Market is not what you
would like, and it costs more than a lunch at Spago and comes in a plastic bag,
but it is literally the only Indian food you can get in this fucking place and
they only offer it once a week and still those over-preened CAA working mother
fuckers stand in line for that cremated fucking chicken. I can’t even.
_____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home