Deal With People Who Are At War With Us.

Harris Tweed.
I was reading one of the weekly rags and it had a nice article on Harris Tweed. Did you know that in order to carry the name Harris Tweed it must be spun at home by one of the natives of the Outer Hebrides? It's true. Or at least according to this article it's true. Currently there are only 130 part time weavers. This is down from 800 in the 1980s. It was a physical rag so there is no link, but more info is at their site.
Maybe it's the blustery wet weather, but this appeals to me right now. I've been trying to pick up a nice Harris Tweed jacket at the thrift store, but it's always just slightly off. Too slouchy, too tight, or a nice fit, but not too jazzed with the fabric. I'll keep looking. And if you live anywhere north of Sunset you may want to as well.
I was reading one of the weekly rags and it had a nice article on Harris Tweed. Did you know that in order to carry the name Harris Tweed it must be spun at home by one of the natives of the Outer Hebrides? It's true. Or at least according to this article it's true. Currently there are only 130 part time weavers. This is down from 800 in the 1980s. It was a physical rag so there is no link, but more info is at their site.
Maybe it's the blustery wet weather, but this appeals to me right now. I've been trying to pick up a nice Harris Tweed jacket at the thrift store, but it's always just slightly off. Too slouchy, too tight, or a nice fit, but not too jazzed with the fabric. I'll keep looking. And if you live anywhere north of Sunset you may want to as well.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home