When The Heart Stops.

So I quite nearly kicked an inanimate object this morning. A door to be precise. Luckily I gathered myself before the offending object was knocked off it's hinges, but such is the danger that comes from a morning filled with cat vomit, insane bus drivers (and passengers) and once again being locked out of my mother fucking office.
You see we have these badges which we have to "swipe" to get in and out of our office. It's absolutely absurd to watch on a daily basis. Sometimes someone almost gets bashed in the head by a door while they bend down to swipe their card. In theory it is so they can monitor our comings and goings, and control access generally, but in reality this company does not have the resources to compile that data, and barring a subpoena, they would never want to. Additionally, the data that is compiled is invariably false. For instance, I was not in the office all night long. I was at home. Watching a movie called Twilight. Getting really bored and disenchanted. Wondered why so many people have a problem with language. Tried to find some animal rescue that would adopt this vomit sack of a cat of mine. Any takers? And I'm not surprised I was locked out the office but sometimes I just wish they would have the courage of their conviction and do it forevers.
______________________________________________
The fish tacos at RBT are not that bad despite the initial feeling of nausea. I think it didn't help that I carried them 10 blocks home and they were luke warm and everything. But that doesn't annoy me nearly as much as being locked out of the office twice in as many weeks over an amorphous and insincere security policy. That is some kind of whack that someone is going to have to explain to me.
1 Comments:
At 10:13 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
I wish I were still locked out of my office.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home