What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Doing Things In The Prescribed Manner.


I'm waking up so early these days that I no longer trust myself with a razor in the morning. The consequence is that I'm walking around the office with a bit of stubble, and some of the ingratiating carbies rub their chins in my presence, and I feel like rubbing my crotch right back at them, but something from Law School grabs me and signals the inappropriateness alarm. Sometimes you forget how hobbling education can be.
This homie at my work was walking around with an oxygen mask on. Strapped to his back with some back-packy thing. Just going about his business. Trying to be subtle. All I had to do was plan to be around the nosiest person in my office whenever she decided she couldn't take the suspense any longer, break down and ask him what was up. I was successful in a sense, but ultimately realized how anti-climactic being nosy can be.
_______________________________________________
Derek is out of his games with a sore ankle which has to be frustrating, but hey get this, I really have to do this. After yesterday's fussy little spew about Yelpers I have to confess one of my favorite pastimes when things are slow in the office. I love reading Yelp reviews. Mostly the reviews where people are mad and feeling all one starry. And especially when they get all disappointed over something really trivial. Like brunch. But the best part is when they couch their opinion in a profession of worldliness and sophistication. It's seriously priceless so I'm gonna start posting some of the gems I find here. Starting now.
"Listen, I'm not a 3 year old. I can handle complex flavor." – Reese H. from Seattle
He will not be patronized by his Thai Restaurants, and is relieved there is finally [emphasis added] a website where he can express this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home