I Have A Vision Of Langour.
The kids at Cafe Ladro (my coffee shop) are a new breed. Gone are the studded, inked, peroxided lesbians of yore, and in come the twee birds rocking their favorite Joan of Arc tee shirts and blaring Pavement of all things. I complimented one of the barristas on his tee shirt, and he made a snide comment somewhere in the area of "You have no idea what band this is", and when I noted that I had three such stylish tee shirts myself, he looked ridiculous. Yes. I have seen your favorite little obscure indie band. Three times. Each time before you were old enough to drink. Get over your neurosis and find another fucking hobby that doesn't entail shopping for music you think (and you only think) no one else has heard of before. This is Seattle. Not Culver City. And this my love is Ladro, not Chango. You dig?
Still, I love the new crew. They are so sweet and polite, and not at all tartish. We are having some difficulty figuring out the tipping situation. They never charge me full price for my coffee and D's paper and I'm not sure if I should add the extra 87 cents to my 1 dollar tip or pocket the extra change for my savings salver. Such a dilemma.
Tried (oh so how I tried) to watch American Idol with Anonymous D last night, but I had just recovered from making pasta with the wrong kind of cheese grater which made everything come out all clumpy. I was disappointed, but I learned from my mistake. But I was in no mood to watch Donna fuckin' homophobe Summer on the telly so I split and watched me some Mapp & Lucia.
The girls (thank the maker) were finally not on the receiving end of a spanking and whupped the Orioles 8-0 last night. A fitting rejoinder to the terrible blow to Derek's paw Tuesday night. Derek's paw is on the mend by the way, and he has been positively beaming and gracious in interviews. Michael is as boring as ever discussing his recent lapse, but he's been jacked up in an oh too cute hoodie so as ever we look past it. Like Anonymous D says, when you're as good looking as that you really don't need to do anything else.
I was way too lazy yesterday after recovering from my night on the town with Satan. However, today I'm determined to get some work done. And done properly. So we'll just leave it there for now.
2 Comments:
At 12:49 PM ,
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 12:51 PM ,
Rotten Little Pony said...
Finally. To this, I can actually say that I know exactly what you are talking about.
You look so handsome on Dean's recent post, by the way.
I promise not to eat an animal or view live ones in captivity if it means we can hang together soon.
Here comes that ball - right into your court.
Waiting ever patiently.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home