What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Favorite Of Mine.

I really have no idea what possessed me to get up today. I slept in and everything. I tried everything I could to stay in bed, but I was oddly compelled to show up. Maybe it's the paycheck, maybe it's the inherent gratification my job brings, maybe I have nothing else to do with my time. Whatever it is I've promised myself that I will under no circumstances subject myself to a lifestyle blog.

The Morrissey show on Friday night at the Hollywood Palladium was absolutely magical. Compadre was, and I shit you not, like a little school girl. He had never seen Moz that close-up and in person before, and he was beside himself for most of the show. I was as well.

I couldn't help myself, or I may have been too off my face for it to even matter, but whatever, I bought Falco from the itunes store. And oh yes, I'm listening to it as I write this.

Compadre and I went to see The Golden Age yesterday and it was at this time that I perfected my best school girl pose and squeal. It was quite simply divine. And I know what everyone is saying about this movie and they may or may not be right, but I suggest they simply quietly admire the clothes and the wigs and keep their indie punk white-boy asses quiet. "My bitches wear my collars!" We followed the movie with some ultra-tragic shopping in Los Feliz Village. There's one shop that sells only Original Penguin. I'm not kidding. It's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. The other shop peddled such cheesy crap as John Varvatos for Converse (Yeah, didn't want it when Barney's was chucking it, and still don't), Orthodox, Obey, Blood Is The New Black, Rxmance, Unholy Matrimony, Morphine Generation, you think I'm hallucinating, but these are the actual things that I saw. That they were asking money for. I nearly almost bought a Caste shirt before Compadre reminded me that it was just like the shirt of mine that he was wearing right at that very moment. Oh well then, I see how it's gonna be.

Drove to east L.A. to what I can only hope was the nearest King Taco for one of the best burritos I've had in a while, and if you haven't tried the King Taco, then well, you know, you might want to give some serious thought to it. New location coming to Ontario, and no, not the French Canadian Ontario, the other one. The one with the third world airport. Give it a try. But go easy on the red sauce. I sorta just let loose, and it's not what I could say is for everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home