What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, April 30, 2007

And You're Under.


I don't know about you, but I began my day with a little Roxy Music, and things couldn't be better. This following a rather shaky weekend that started with myself navigating something called the 5 Freeway in something that could best be described as a Toyota Camry. Harrowing to be sure.

But my adventures in driving didn't end there. Sunday morning I drove all the way down to Melrose and Crescent Heights to check out the new Opening Ceremony shop, and I discovered that they don't necessarily abide by their posted hours. I guess I should have known better. Some shops in New York may open at 11:00 am on a Sunday, but certainly not in Los Angeles. And certainly not on Melrose. Well, Urban Outfitters may open at 11 who knows or cares.

So I ended up poking around Fred Segal and Ron Herman with all the other fashion victims, but since I was the only customer I guess they all must have worked there. I momentarily lost myself in celebutard retail moment and found myself trying on these Free City hoodies. They were by and large hideous, but they smelled like wonderful laundry soap, and they were everywhere. The entire main room at Ron Herman was filled with them, and after I had some nice young thing retrieve my size in four separate styles I lost my nerve and bought one. It's not all bad though I mean I'm wearing it right now, and one has to wear something to work.

My trip to Target was an honest to God disaster. After navigating the monolithic parking structure maze I managed to find an express elevator to Customer Service. I then found a trolley, and from there it was all a blur of people. Shoppers with their trolley's. I lost it somewhere around the kitchen department and just abandoned my trolley and ran for the door. My later experience in Trader Joe's was similar.

The Yankees pulled out a win over the Red Sox on Saturday, but that was the only one. They lost to the Red Sox last night something to something it was blacked out. Derek has maintained his 17 game hitting streak, and Yankees fans everywhere are simply holding onto the tender mercies. Like a hideous Free City hoodie. There is a lot of criticism of Joe Torre over the Yankees' recent slump. Derek, however, remains steadfastly loyal to his manager. Click here, here, here, and here for stories.

____________________________________________

Former Dior menswear designer Hedi Slimane has reportedly signed preliminary paperwork with the Gucci Group to develop the Hedi Slimane brand. The Gucci Group also includes Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, McQueen and Bottega Veneta. I hope it works out for the kid. Click here for more.

Oh, and I guess Derek was on David Letterman on Thursday night. Thanks for letting me know everyone. I had to hear about it from youtube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home