What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, February 23, 2007

Where Will Clemons Land?



I have a particular ilk! You can imagine my surprise upon hearing this news. That particular ilk, I'm assuming, quite enjoys impassioned and protracted discussions of the details of the Anna Nicole Smith Celebu-tragi-comedy the likes of which you might find here.

I accidentally had a conversation with one of our firm's receptionist-bots about the very subject yesterday which sent me into such a deep state of panic that I nearly called 911. I only wish I were kidding. I understand that the "judge" cried while reading his "order". Well. I suppose that's one way of doing it.

Many sports bloggers are likening the Derek/RoRo feud, specifically the hysterical media attention it garners, to the Anna Tragedy or even to the Britney shavings. But I think that's just rubbish. I mean I can't seem to find an intellectually satisfying way of distinguishing the two, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't call it rubbish. I mean there really isn't a lot about baseball that is inherently interesting to the laymen. And baseball geeks. Well, I mean, they exist in a strata all their own, and it shouldn't be disturbed. So these little dramas are essential to maintain interest in an activity, where essentially, a man throws, and another man catches, a small round object. In sexy ass.

Muy Calienete! Perhaps underrated but no doubt hotter as a Dodger.

Next Derek Jeter my ass.


6 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The difference is Derek and A-rod are worth caring about.
    Dan

     
  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    You rat! You told me to do that! Don't act so surprised by my extensive knowledge of the goings-on in celebrity land! You too anxiously anticipated our Thursday romps to the newsstand to pick up several varieties of trash magazines. Keep in mind you and I have very boring day jobs. And as for you, Snobby McSnobberson aka Anonymous D, I can hear your eyes rolling from 1100 miles away. I have a few bad habits, as you may discover one day. But I embrace my shortcomings. And you need fodder for your blog. I make no apologies. I only feel sorry for the rest of you. You are obviously out of touch with the Real World (and, yes, by that I do mean the MTV reality show).

     
  • At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, she's right about the fodder.
    It was sorely needed.
    Dan

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pony,you can't accuse me of being any less shallow than you. After all, I'm the one who has been hounding woolfphase for shots of Harry Potter's penis for weeks.That's not only exceedingly shallow but possibly criminal to boot!
    Dan
    ( But I got it. Dan 1,Vergie 0 )

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Vergie?

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry. I didn't have my crack whore mother spell-check program in.
    It's vIrgie,not vErgie.
    Goodness, someone sure is a stickler for accuracy in reporting on the lives of made-for-TV-people.
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home