What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can You Even Come Close?

Well it's hard to get past all the drama being stirred up about Derek and RoRo's "relationship". Actual news about spring training at Legends Field is pretty scarce, but innuendo and caricature run rampant. If my actual work situation weren't completely insufferable I might resist the urge to absorb myself in baseball, but tickets go on sale March 3 which by my estimation is a week from Saturday.

Forcing myself to dabble in other ponds of culture I've read with some satisfaction about the new Prada collection. Although I've shunned almost everything coming from anywhere remotely located around Italy for around 5 years now I have to confess a fondness for the expression "fake classic" used by Miuccia to describe her most recent collection.

And Sao Paulo may in fact be the most happening place on the planet outside my sheets. While perusing Cool Hunting, I happened upon this article about Parisian streetwear label Surface To Air opening a boutique there. This adds to their other two boutiques in New York and Paris. I mention it only because I've been, quite accidentally and without precognition, acquiring a lot of pieces from this label. So check it out. I like it. They actually sell it everywhere.

Yeah, I'm not gonna jet to Sao Paulo to the tune of 9 bucks to pick up a meticulously distressed hoodie when I have them all over thrift shops in Seattle and L.A. Some kids at work were speaking rather indignantly, and quite outside their class, about people who prefer not to travel outside the country. And I just thought to myself. I know 10 times more about the countries they visit to enjoy, as they profess, paintings, architecture and tourist food simply from books. Traveling really is television for intellectuals. I'm going to Seattle tomorrow. As promised:


"Mama says I'm the cutest"


They have people to do that for you.


"We're heroes to children and worshiped by the firm."


"You don't bring me flowers anymore."




"You married a girl you douche."

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And Sao Paulo may in fact be the most happening place on the planet outside my sheets

    Please tell me you didn't just write that!!!!
    Dan

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    (Just between you and me, our friend Pony needs something to do. She knows far too much about the recently deceased bombshell!)
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home