What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, May 22, 2006

Sinking slowly into empathy.


Looking back it is hard to imagine how else it could have happened. The weekend started Friday evening and I saw I had received a package. Inside was the delightful CD whose artwork you see above. A Life Without Fear by Ekkehard Ehlers had concluded its 3 day journey to my mail box and was now playing on my stereo. Delightful. This recording can be distinguished from previous recordings in that it retains a great deal of organic sounds such as guitar and vocals. Some of you that may have reviewed this blog from the beginning will note that this blog is in fact named after an E.E. composition from the album Politik braucht keinen Feind.

This weekend was Long Beach Pride Weekend. The train ride to Long Beach was a low class fiasco. Noisy loud passengers. Yet the various language and dialogs created a gentle wall of white noise that lulled me to sleep. I awoke on the outskirts of Long Beach and phoned JEC. JEC arrived just in time. We went to his place where we changed into our Beach clothes. A couple of hours hanging on the beach admiring the hetero-talent. Went back to JEC's, showered changed, Collie came over, and we left. Drinks and food at a delightful Lebanese restaurant called Open Season. Open Season. Not a gay bar, but a restaurant. Who knew. While eating Collie expressed an awkward interest in my lisp, and I made him feel guilty

Came back to the apartment and decided to crash a house party in San Pedro. Who on earth goes to house parties in San Pedro. For a while we were the only three people there, but eventually other people arrived. I was not in the mood to let anyone else select the music. Collie was convinced that JEC and I were in a snitty mood and he was prolly right. JEC took some photos. Click here to see them.

Went to the Pike, stole a beer glass, and argued with JEC over the merits of Bareback Mountain. I essentially agreed with him, but sometimes I think he tries to be contrarian for the sake of being difficult so I need to test his conviction through analytical discourse. After several drinks is usually the best time for such an exercise.

Woke up the next morning in a considerable amount of pain. The hangover coupled with dermal dysplasia meant that the most essential goal would need to be brunch. JEC and I went to Champagne brunch at Acapulcos. JEC told our server it was my birthday so they brought me a sombrero and rice pudding and sang me happy birthday. No one looks good in a sombrero. If you don't believe me go see for yourself. Link has been removed.

The weather was lame so we decided to watch the DaVinci Code. Don't ask. I went to Long Beach for Pride and wound up watching a movie. So typical.

Woke up early this morning. At my bus stop someone had ran over a fire hydrant and a 30 foot fountain of water was gushing from the ground. I am pretty sure it wasn't a metaphor.

15 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    You look fucking awful in that sombrero. If I were you I wouldn't let people see it. Just remove the link or I will do it for you.

     
  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger phases said...

    i think you look like this guy called ultramex...or maybe he was beanman, but you look mad crazy kid

     
  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger phases said...

    i think that our hero from the SP may find out that we have the relic/binkie. we need to plug the leak. well not really plug her, just stop her. the leak must be silenced . no drip noise

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    With all of the photographs you have of the taddle teller I am sure you have enough ammunition for a successful parley for the return of the relic binkie. No slash necessary.

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    jraymond, what exactly is a "taddle"?

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    you may want to focus less on me and more on your chauffeur for the evening. he is the one with loose lips. not me. no matter what dean says. shut up jonny.

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Sorry. tattle. And according to dictionary.com it means: To reveal the plans or activities of another; gossip. Gossip; talebearing.

    And my personal favorite although not relevant to this discussion: To chatter aimlessly; prat

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Did my chauffeur's lips loosen before or after walking in your front door with the binkie relic? No. Something is a amiss. Meditate on this I will, and perhaps reveal itself the true nature of this outrage will.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Blogger Rotten Little Pony said...

    easy yoda

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    1. I agree w/ jwalker.
    2. I feel left out of this conversation.

     
  • At 3:51 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    The picture of the sombrero can be seen here:

    http://www.goatphase.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger phases said...

    the rights of the relic belong are obvious. the relic needs to be with those that care for it most. the previous holder of the relic was frivolous with its emmotions. showing it off to everyone with with complete disrespect for the relics feelings...almost bordering on whoring it out. touch it touch it touch it, is something the relic shall never hear again...that is if we continue the custody. if in my custody the relic shall see the world, if in the previous holders custody, the relic will be subject to mountains and mountains of hand palms. and thats fucked

     
  • At 4:02 PM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Indeed. A formal request for assylum has been made. And until a proper hearing, the relic binkie must not be returned to San Pedro. Since the relic binkie has been taken from San Pedro the hearing is just a formality. The relic binkie will stay in Long Beach.

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger phases said...

    long beach will continue to be the place of residencey of the relic

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger phases said...

    the previous owner has made initial contact...it went like this
    previous owner "hello"
    me "hello....hello....hello".
    previous owner "i want my stick back"
    me "click"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home