What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, May 08, 2006

I found it in the parking garage


I swear this is not a Yankees blog. Over the weekend I found a Mets blog, and it looks a lot like my blog except it only talks about the Mets, and of course there is a nasty Derek rant. Over-rated, over-hyped, blah, blah, blah. I am beyond giving a shit.

Islands show Friday night, and the opening acts really got my attention. Cadence Weapon is a sweet Canadian hip-hopper. I saw him after his set, and believe it or not I was mildly star struck by a Canadian. I was smitten when during one of his songs he dropped this line:

"I used to write for pitchfork. I'm really sorry about that."

How can you not love that. I saw him after his set. I said it was really good. We exchanged a palm slap and it really hurt.

Why? was the other opening act, and as part of the anticon collective, a lot of people were at the show to see him. It would seem that I had heard him before. I knew there was something familiar.

There were some bullies in the audience. One of them took his shirt off, and was trying to start trouble with this twee-boy. I was wondering where in the eff these analog vatos thought they were because most of the boys at this venue would rather be darning their over-used cardigans than brawling in a club. There was no shortage of talent in the audience, but I could not help feeling out of place since I recently had a haircut, and I was wearing absolutely nothing from the thrift store.

Saturday morning was all about recovery. Brunch at BBG cafe, and in keeping with the spirit of my new side project I have to say: Great plates, horrible tables. Some B-list Silverlake sell-ebrities, but none of them are in Star Trek so who really gives an eff.

Watched Batman Begins, and I enjoyed it. Watched Paradise Now and I enjoyed it even more. Watched 12 episodes of Star Trek Voyager and the confluence of emotion defies description. Tapioca would have to be my word of the day.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger phases said...

    im not really sure what to say about your house. the reason im not sure is that i think it may be perfect. the only thing making me a little weary of "perfect" is that i cant see the surrounding building. if theres not a spook crackhead, or even a diablo blanco crackhead swarming around, then its perfect. i would like to schedule a camping trip on your lawn for late august early september

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What?

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you're effing killing me! when i read your shiz my brain feel so small, but then it starts to glow green and everything is right again.

    mos def enjoing the restaurant reviews and wordz of the days.

    all hell the woolfphster!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home