Caedic Yainwert.
Last night I received a rather cryptic and vague text message from my buddy. It said "Youre prideful" [sic]. Now my buddy (his name is not important) has a penchant for the vague and cryptic, so I did not think much of it. My response to his text message was appropriate and biblical. But this morning I was thinking about it, and I am assuming he was referring to either the raging queerness or the Yankees.
Now the Yankees goes without saying. I mean it is Pride, Power and Pinstripes almost every evening at my place. The raging queerness usually happens later. Now I have been told by some that I tend to elicit apprehension so it is only natural that people feel comfortable not speaking to me plainly, and of course by speaking I am referring to texting, however, it is academic since I have no idea what he meant. Probably nothing. But I'm going to go with the raging queerness.
Evolution is not a theory. It is an observable and fundamental scientific principle. Many scientists believe that the human population has already breached the caring capacity of this planet, and even minor calamities like tsunamis and earthquakes will simply be unable to kill enough people fast enough in order to reverse the damage. Put simply, the human race is effectively extinct and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. The birth rate simply outstrips the death rate to a staggering degree, and given the present population, the amount of resources consumed by the average human, the amount of waste produced, and just the ambient strain on the environment human life causes there is no conceivable way this planet will continue to be able to support human life. There may be a possibility that the planet can support some form of complex life in the distant future, but that is sterile conjecture.
Mutation is also an observable phenomenon. Given these population pressures, it is entirely conceivable that the raging queerness is a defense mechanism against the population explosion and the resulting environmental strain. I will not burden this blog with a discussion of the prevalence of the queer mutation in urban vs. rural areas. A fascinating topic to be sure, but one that warrants separate consideration. Given the stressors human population causes, and the inherent gratification of sexual activity, it seems natural that the human body and mind would evolve to accept same-sex non-reproductive sex as something enjoyable. And given advances in genetic engineering and cloning the day may come quite soon where primitive heterosexual reproduction is rendered obsolete. A needless strain on the female body, and in many instances life threatening.
So to the topic of pride and the raging queerness. You are motherfucking right I'm proud. Look around you, then wake up and kiss the future because it looks a hell of a lot like me, not you.
Because if these doomsday Malthusians are wrong, and even I am skeptical in my more optimistic intervals, then non-reproductive homosexuality is not merely a quirk to be "accepted" by our generous hetero counterparts. It may very well be essential to human survival.
But like I said. I have no idea what my friend was talking about. It just got me thinking in the shower this morning.
Seacrest out.
3 Comments:
At 10:06 AM ,
//JRB:j said...
I just received a phone call from this text messaging friend, and he was indeed referring the queerness. He seems to be thinking next weekend is Long Beach pride weekend. I told him he is probably mistaken, but he offered me his casa as a base of operations for rockin my queerness. But he also said I could not have sex with boys in his house. WTF?
At 10:46 AM ,
Anonymous said...
I didn't know you were a mutant. I always thought you were special.
XXOO Dan
It's not like you can have sex with boys in my house either. Love
At 4:29 PM ,
phases said...
listen queer, my word.."prideful" means youre going to full of pride...when i say pride, i mean the parade, "pride is this weekend" is a common long beach phrase...youre gonna be so full of pride this weekend its going to be dripping out of your ass for a week. i love typing shit like this when im at home watching the wizard of oz....just as she sets down in oz. i swear on my kids life as im writing this shes saying "we must be over the rainbow" some things work out just beautifuly. happy pride mutant ninja homo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home