Bordering On Infantile.
Got drunk last night and I started throwing nasty tweets at Debra Messing and, if you can believe this, Jamie Lee Fucking Curtis. Two women with the intellectual capacity of a gnat, who respond to nothing more sophisticated than the presence of a vagina.
I actually had a conversation with someone about this. Voting for someone because and only because of their gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. is just as craven and vile as denouncing someone because of their gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. sensing infringed confusion at this point I went on to explain that it speaks to the level of a persons superficiality, their critical thinking capacity, and their ability to function as a rational actor, or in this case it may or may not be appropriate to say actress. Nothing. I may as well have thrown gang signs to an iguana.
This Twitter rage went on, and to be honest I missed the better part of Mapp & Lucia Series 1, Episode 3 when I snapped out of it. This election show bullshit is starting to impact things that actually matter. That being said, and before I unplug from the election show cycle entirely in favor of baseball and other things that actually mean something I just had to get it off my chest.
Wearing makeup and reciting the words someone else wrote and doing under the most absurdly beneficial lighting conditions in no way imbues one's opinion with any degree of merit or for that matter rationality. Putting that aside for a moment it almost goes without saying, but say it we must, Susan Sarandon is a fucking national treasure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home