Let Accidents Decide.
It's hard to find many people still blogging these days and when you do find someone they are usually busying themselves obsessing over some Japanese shoe or something similarly pointless. I, on the other hand, just came to realize that this blog is nearing it's tenth year, and although there is hardly ten years worth of material it is something I have come back to now and again with varying degrees of regularity.
The end of the year tends to be a slow time in my line of work, and after an enjoyable if altogether frigid sojourn in the land of Ice and Steak (Idaho) I am back at it contending with an embarrassment of riches.
Not knowing which job to go into this morning since I now have put myself in a position where I have two in which to chose from I'm up early putting myself in a state. There is the quaint little office on the hill with all the quaint little harmless people who may or may not realize they are name dropping people to a degree bordering on dementia. Then there is the sleek office in the sky where people do realize they are name dropping to a degree bordering on dementia and there is regular if poorly catered lunches.
I am guaranteed to be miserable no matter what I chose. One opportunity proved to be horrible and I was lucky enough to escape last September. The other has been consistently harmless for something going on 2 weeks now.
In short, life rarely gives you an opportunity to look a situation squarely in the face and say 'Do you remember that time you did the thing and you probably shouldn't have done?' Well life has just handed me that opportunity, and rather than seizing the opportunity by the reigns as they say I'm left in the unenviable position of going back to the job where I left my cell phone charger last night.
For fuck sake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home