What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Most Natural Pose.



There's no use denying that I am an unrepentant Murdoch Mysteries junkie. I leave work every day promptly at the same time and whether my work is done or not, whether there is a late afternoon meeting or not (only the foul hold meetings after 1:00) I could care less. My stories are about to start and I'm about to enjoy them come rain, shine or unemployment.

The 'thumpa thumpa be still my beating heart' Yannick Bisson is the undeniable lure of the show. His chiseled square jaw, and staid monotone delivery make me melt into my rocking chair every single weeknight. Even fluffy princess has a hard time breaking me out of my trance. Last night she spent somewhere between four to seventy six minutes hurling her jingly jangly ball about the apartment and the most it could illicit from me was a 'If you lose that under the bureau you better not come crying to me', eyes never leaving the screen except for the commercial interruptions which I absolutely despise with an ugly hatred I find hard to disguise from my nearest neighbors.

I'm definitely into my mysteries. Miss Marple is frankly who I try to model my life around. Not that I go butting my nose into other people's business or misfortune, but I have been teaching myself petit point, and developed an unnatural affinity for chunky over-sized cardigans. I've almost gone so far as to demand from an ophthalmologist a diagnosis of slightly imperfect vision just so I can have an excuse to wear glasses which I can then peer over knowingly whenever I feel 'something is amiss.'  It would be delicious.

Yes. The weather may be imperfect, it may be wet and windy and the people may be unreasonably disturbed. There may be a breathtaking paucity of decent Mexican food, but as long as I have nightly access to Canadian TV I really don't see myself returning to the 'delights' of Los Angeles any time soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home