When Biz Con Bites Hard.

There is No Enemy by Built to Spill clocks in at just over 55 minutes, however, I have to say it feels interminably longer. Endless. At it's worst moments it sounds ponderous and meandering. At it's best it reminds me of something I've heard before. On the other hand, new albums from Girls and Phoenix have me smiling. The good defense is a better offense. Or something. I now insist on listening to albums before purchasing.
Next. IKEA has of course decided to dip their plump Swedish toe into the realm of personal grooming. I noticed it the last time I did the IKEA run with the parents and quickly dismissed it as an ill-conceived enterprise. But on my most recent visit it was still there. And I was intrigued. As only one can be when something unfamiliar is $2. Bars of soap assembled like chocolate bars that you break off into individual cakes. I thought why not? Well I can tell you why. They are putrid. They smell like something you would use to mask the stench of a decaying body, and even though I may be speculating about something I know nothing about (decaying bodies) I'm still oddly comfortable with the assessment. Putrid. Vile. Chuck them at someone you find distasteful and be done with them.
Finally. The good news comes from literary corners with Brett Easton Ellis's new book Imperial Bedrooms dropping on June 22nd. Awesome! Taking it's name from an Elvis Costello album it's spose to be a prequel to Less Than Zero. Still Fresh.
Postscript. No Bones until some dreadful day in November. Puddles!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home