What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Imperial Desires.


Broken Social Scene and sirens. That was my morning. Broken Social Scene in the coffee house and sirens on 15th Avenue. They weren't blaring at least, but the entire street was bathed in these obnoxious flickering red lights. A lot like living in Palestine I imagine, but I was able to drift into my Ipod and remember the previous evening fondly.

Grabbed some drinks with Compadre and co. after work. Told everyone that would listen that Game 4 was starting in a half and hour and that I would have to scoot, but they didn't seem to care. My exposure to the game was at this point casual and sporadic. Watched the first inning at the Athenian over some cream ale. Then they decided to bypass the sports bar in favor of more specific fare at this Basque joint Txori. Nice place with appalling chairs and stools. They made us some really delicious bites. The two cooks and my companions are quite the foodies. They spent a good deal of time making fun of various ways people mispronounce certain cheeses. Laughed at other people's perceived unfamiliarity with certain cuisine. It was a big hoot. I denounced them all as snobs right there on the spot, and predictably, they delighted in this condemnation. Compadre ordered us a nice 82' Brandy I can't pronounce and the last of the 79' for himself. And I know exactly how that sounds. Paired with the assortment of jellies and creams and sweets it was delicious. Enhanced by the news that the girls were thrashing the Angels 5 to nothing. Heaven!
Made it home during the seventh inning stretch at which point I watched in disbelief as the Yankees proceeded to waste several runs. RoRo had a single homo that did no good whatsoever, but we can only hope they aren't dipping too deeply into their stores for whatever the graces we'll do then who's to say.
Made it to work and someone has left me a delightful Jack-O-Lantern. That, plus being treated to a lovely dinner as well as a charming piece of jubilee ware Compadre picked up for me I have to admit that I don't mind saying I'm feeling rather appreciated lately. Almost makes me not want to open up my office email and look at the shit-storm that awaits me. But, of course, I'm retained for my discretion as well as my composure so we dive right in. Anxiety is a myth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home