What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thanks For The Suggestion All The Same.


So first thing this morning I'm checking with the internet and I'm just assaulted with this poll asking me whether I'm "worried about the Yankees 2008 rotation?" I mean I honestly don't know why I should be worried about that. I'm sure they know more about it than I do. And exactly how worked up in the baseball business am I suppose to get? Because up until now, I was under the impression that I was rockin' a pretty sustainable level of furor.

Am I worried about the 2008 rotation honestly. The one thing I can say about the Yankees rotation is that it is a good thing that Roger Clemens isn't in it. That little thing. During the recent congressional hearings Republican congressman Tom Davis of Virginia prompted Mr. Clemens to justify his interview of his nanny prior to giving her name over to the commission by "asking" Clemens "I understand her English isn't very good?" To which Mr. Clemens agrees. Unfortunately, transcripts of the interview reveal that she has a commanding grasp of the English language and even employs various idioms. Such nonsense. And Tom Davis is the real odious douche in this whole affair. He knew very well what he was intimating at was entirely false. And he's an elected official even if it is from Virginia.

Well a little something to bring us back in touch with beauty as Lucia would say. Stores have been receiving their Spring shipments, and I'm liking some of what I see. This tasty Tim Hamilton hoodie is available at activeendeavors as are the blue denims although I can't imagine why anyone would want those. Unless maybe you got rid of your Helmut Lang pair just after 9-11 in a spirit of somber solidarity. I'm only joking.

I'm also into the most recent gear from Swedish label Our Legacy. They have some nice pieces at tres bien. I'm not sure if the belted cable-knit cardigan really screams spring to me, but I suppose if you're in Sweden it makes a lot of sense. Brandy and barbeque anyone?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 AM , Blogger Beltway Progressive said...

    Tom Davis (R-VA) has been profiteering from Abramoff, distracting voters by planting stories of poor Teri Schiavo and steroids in baseball, "redistricting" with Tom Delay, and laundering money through the NRCC for years. When Lurita Doan was caught demanding government contracts for a friend, he "asked" why people who don't want audits to prevent wasted tax money hate black women like her (she looks tan enough to be maybe 1/4 black). He's "asked" Blackwater profiteers why people who don't want to waste tax money on them hate the troops. Keep the spotlight on him till Abramoff finishes squealing and Davis joins him in jail along with Bob Ney.
    See the expose here and here on DKos.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home