What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Thursday, February 14, 2008

You Will Adapt.


I'm not sure if everyone was able to catch the congressional hearing concerning the Mitchell Report. I was. But there were some parts that even I couldn't sit through. As bad as this steroid business is for professional baseball it is far worse for the United States congress. People actually watched it. A lot of people. And what they witnessed in their elected officials really takes one's breath away.

John Duncan pretty much got down on his hands and knees and blew Roger right there in the middle of the hearing room. Had to mention that he was a bat boy with some minor league outfit in god knows where. Spoke tremulously of the special bond between bat boys and trainers, and how that Mr. McNamee is a bad bad man. Oh and it didn't end there. Some douche name checked his sick son at home who was watching on ESPN (Is ESPN paying the congress for these shout outs?). Someone named Kanjorski seemed incapable of articulating words if he wasn't clapping his hands in rhythm. Congresswoman Maloney lauded Clemens for his accomplishments and his charitable work before even asking a question, prompting Clemens to use the self serving phrase "New York minute" in a transparent attempt to curry favor. It was so odiously unctuous I almost wiggled off my chair. The degenerate womanizer Dan Burton showed off righteous indignation in a manner which pretty much makes the English language void.

I really can't say anything about Roger Clemens after listening to his testimony. The manner in which the committee conducted itself was disgraceful. Reminds me of the words of Oliver Cromwell "You Are No Parliament!" Well chairman Waxman aside, who comported himself with the utmost professionalism and actually demonstrated a grain of intelligence on several occasions, I can confidently say that this was no congress. Simpering little boys, who're quite happy they have their autographs regardless of whether it violates federal law, lecturing McNamee on his prior illegal conduct. I mean you had home-spun ignorance, hypocrisy, toadying, base flatteries, and somewhere Major League Baseball funneling cash into reelection coffers. It was a feast of depravity that derided our political and legal system.

But I'm so glad Roger was proud to wear an American flag on his jersey when he worked so hard to represent his country in the World Baseball Classic. Just talking about it almost brought a tear to his eye.


I'm so sure this is a joke, but if it isn't then the joke is totally on the wrong person. Or maybe it isn't funny anymore. Crooks and Castles are releasing their own wine. You can try to stifle a laugh, but trust me, in the end you just hurt yourself. Yeah, now they make tee shirts, and bags, and wallets, and colabs n' shit and wine. Not sure what kind it is; if it's white or red, but it does come from California and the kids at highsnobiety.com have some pics which I just cant make out.
______________________________________________

TMZ was recently hard at work harassing poor Derek outside of a ghastly looking club. Sometimes I think TMZ can be really funny, but other times I just think their downright weird. If you watch the video I think you'll see. Half the photographers are just hushed, totally awed that they might actually be taking pictures of someone who has accomplished something. Something other than having their picture taken. And they totally missed their chance to take a picture. I'd be gobsmacked too, but I wouldn't post it on my website. It just looks weird.
______________________________________________

I finished yesterday with some nice documentaries. The first was on the nature of gravity, and it's done by this physicist who is just adorable. Brian Cox is his name, and if you don't want to just take him home and pick his brain over a nice bottle of Sherry then you just lost. The second is about parallel universes and features Michio Kaku who is simply amazing. Hope you like them. They certainly got the taste of the Mitchell hearings out of my head.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do you publish an ADA version of your very interesting,I'm-sure-if-I-could-read-it,blog for old people?
    Dan

     
  • At 6:20 AM , Blogger //JRB:j said...

    Oh for god's sake.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home