What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Saturday, June 14, 2025

Reflections Of The 14th Of June, 2025


Not for the first or even second time I was perusing the depressing book section at the local Goodwill which used to be the local Hastings after Hastings moved from down the street when an older or shall we say more settled gentleman sought to inform me, entirely unsolicited, about some mysterious book bazaar in the local library with reportedly tens of thousands of books.

Tens of thousands of books?  That is rather a remarkable claim, and one I entirely discount, not because it is facially improbable, but rather because I have gone to investigate this reported Circus of Books twice before and both times it was the predictable ghost town of mental disorders and foot and mouth disease.  Always disappointing.

I couldn’t be having it, not an inch of it, and I can’t quite recall the withering reply I handed this impertinent oik, but I can only hope it stung enough to give the rascal pause before he tries to speak to someone without a proper introduction.  

It Isn’t that the natives can’t be civilized, I am not saying that, it is just they have never needed to be, having entirely ghettoized themselves in completely insular communities with exploding rates of juvenile diabetes, speech impediments and morbid obesity. I visited one of their camps called Deseret Industries and it was a moving experience.  One can learn a lot there.  Never forget.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home