The Disfiguring Monotony.
Yesterday just happened to collapse entirely and there was little for me to do but get on an overpriced plane to Seattle and try my luck in the murky overcast skies of the PNW.
But before I could even do that I had to lose my money clip with a staggering five dollar note. The clip itself is quite unique and will prove diffy to replace so I had to come unglued. I called Garcias where I had the ridiculously inedible lunch the day earlier and the man on the phone immediately gave me information I did not ask for, and when you an attorney and someone voluntarily gives up information you didn't ask for your natural and all to often correct instinct is to assume they are lying about not only what you asked about, but other things as well. Ah well. Door number two appears to be replacing the item at some cost and with some diffy.
It is profoundly more likely that I misplaced the item while I was doing laundry, but my mind often turns to menace and intrigue and perhaps I should put the John Buchan down.
Shit comes in threes and always comes in threes so when I was at the airport the TSA agents took the all too predictable step of claiming that my crotch set off an alarm and patted me down. The equipment at Idaho Falls airport must be faulty because they, without fail, pat me down or xray me twice. The boyfriend says it is because they are perverts, but I prefer the menace and intrigue of them being imbecilic ass holes.
Once in Seattle I purchased my ticket to Capitol Hill, don't ask why, but that is my policy now. Once on the platform I discovered that the train was only going to the SoDo station and once there we would have to catch a 'shuttle service' to the other stations. I seethed. As I predicted the shit comes in threes and here we are on numero tres. I planned my revenge, I negotiated how much time I would devote to its construct and execution, I listed to Daft Punk, but in the end this isn't LA and the shuttle service turned out to be pretty convenient once you pushed past all the cripples, elderly and elderly cripples on the platform, and the ride through Pioneer Square and downtown was delightfully eye-opening. I mean you realize that Western Civilization has all but entirely collapsed, but you rarely see the evidence for yourself so in that sense Sound Transit has enriched my life tremendously. Bravo.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home