What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, April 06, 2020

Collectively Our Indifference Was Unifying.



I just woke up this Monday morning and someone is already playing with karma fire. Not myself of course. I won't be playing with that in these days of pandemic. No, sir, I have been over-tipping my delivery drivers and minding my manners and will continue to do so.

No, it is raining in Los Angeles this morning so on top of everything else it is completely bat-shit. I was in bed, trying to grab a few more precious moments of sleep when I heard a loud crash. From the sound of it I thought it could be out my window. It was. There was a silver Prius dislodging itself from a parked black Honda and driving off. Well of all things.

Prius took the left turn a little too fast and slid in the rain. There is a word they have for that and they tell you to be careful and Prius was obviously not being careful. Hydro-planing.

I feel terrible for black Honda. I hope someone else got the license plate of the Silver Prius. Now I suppose it is a silver Prius with substantial right front fender damage so that narrows it down from 8 million to around 400,000 silver Priuses is Los Angeles with some type of right front fender damage. Black Honda is fucked basically, and my parent's Forrester was actually parked where black Honda is parked just last month. My parents got a parking ticket so that parking space is basically cursed. I may go out there later today and do some voodoo on it.

Being in quarantine has not been too bad. I moved into my new apartment just in the nick of time. My apartment on the westside with the crazy neighbor upstairs that called the cops on me when I smoked weed (see below) was a complete cave with a view of a wall. And the crazy neighbor upstairs was not flying solo. She had company and lots of it.

I am also glad I picked the apartment I did and not the one upstairs and in the back with a view of a roof. With this pad I have been able to sit and watch the comings and goings of my neighbors especially the cute ones and there appear to be a lot of those. There was a domestic violence call last week that brought out 8 squad cars and I counted 7 potential future husbands.

There really could be an upside to this quarantine thing besides increased pet adoptions and decreased air pollution, although decreased air pollution is probably offset by an increase in rubber glove and face mask litter. But, with an increase in these domestic violence calls and this chorus line of rather agreeable looking delivery drivers if I end up finding a husband out of all this isolation, then for me personally I might have to say fair trade.

I should stress that it would only be a fair trade for me personally, and of course assuming I survive. Globally, this pandemic is an unparalleled catastrophe approaching unimaginable proportions, but I am going to continue to look on the bright side nonetheless.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home