There Are Moments We Realize This Empty.
Shattered and Wrecked was already in quite a state by the time I stepped on the bus. It seemed crowded for it being this early. The loud washed-up porn actress that fashions a plastic bag flower to her Beats by Dre is not in her usual spot having been ousted by the voluminous piles of luggage of some tourists who appear to be trying to save $14 by opting for the Uber alternative. God can only help them I think as I find a reasonably well lit and unsoiled spot to continue reading my Julian Fellowes.
Three paragraphs in Shattered and Wrecked starts to get loud and vocal. It starts with confused mumbling, then the mumbling turns into fragmented words, then the fragments start to form complete sentences, and this is soon interspersed with piercing screams and cries of apology. The hysteria reaches a climax just as I am about to reach for my phone to record. It is like an orchestra of human dementia and all these people were really trying to do was save some money getting to LAX.
Will they ever come back to our fair city? I often wonder as I see the bewildered look on the faces of tourists as they meander about the wasteland of mental illness, destitution and drug addiction.
I really have put off new earbuds for far too long is what I tell myself as I turn the page and the innocent whines of Shattered and Wrecked become more acerbic and pointed. What had been innocuous squeals of hysteria soon decayed into pointed attacks toward the people on the bus and I think where is that crazy man with his pushy cart of earthly possessions when you need him? because he would slap the living shit out of this angry failed Ohio Drama student transplant in no time. It is almost as if the crazy has some kind of tacit agreement with one another to let the whacked-ass-shit flow as much as possible and they do whatever they can to not interfere with each other's busy schedules of accosting and maligning various segments of the public.
Something has to be done about the homeless problem in Los Angeles is what I hear many people say and even more so since the orange turd came to town and gave his Botox lip-service to the issue. But it is complicated. Los Angeles is a unique city in that it is a magnet for so many people looking for something famous life. And for people who have no reason to be here other than to look for a reason to be here it can really eat you up and spit you out.
I was recently reading one of my numerous books about the past and I came across a most interesting fact. Back 'in the day' as they say today people from the countryside would come to London to seek their fortunes and they quickly found that they had little to no resistance to the London germs and would 'drop like flies'. I started to think that in a way the big city still does this today. It is really only medical science and a pitilessly cruel welfare state that keeps them alive. Alive to wander, but still dying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home