What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Moments Of Desperation Where We Clarify.


The junkies in the Metro station threw a tee-total tantrum when they realized that the bench at the end of the platform wasn’t there exclusively for them to shoot up. They wandered about confusedly as I tried to do something with my iPhone, but managed only to take a screenshot. They then gathered their things and departed. The woman, snatching her Spago’s take-out bag briskly as if to punctuate her frustration at not living in a world designed exclusively for smack users.

They left their noodle pot on the bench next to me. Naturally. The fey Metro employee that always mutters things to himself sat next to me. Specifically he sat between me and the noodle pot. Last month he started up a conversation with me because I was reading Game of Thrones, but now that I am reading something that isn’t soul crushingly embarrassing he just pulled out a comic book and started reading, moving his lips the whole time. I'm thinking 'You Fucker, here I am reading a book on the decline of the British Empire and you could give two dicks, but if I'm mining the depths of Westeros....Typical.'

I'm not even trying to make it through the day without the Cocteau Twins. I went to Boise over the weekend, missed Treefort, but got to snag some great music in any case. Skillfully avoiding buzz killers and street eaters the entire way I am hoping to get back to some sense of normalcy soon, but the reality of finding a new apartment/home becomes all the more real as the end of the month approaches. 

Denial is always and forever the best policy to pursue in any situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home