What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, April 22, 2013

Leave It For Someone Distracted.

 
 
This lady at work is a real touchstone of human evolution. She's been hacking like a diseased goat for the last two weeks, won't stay home, actually asked one lady if she was out last Monday & Tuesday because she caught her cold. I had to leave and have a moment at that one.

She 'discovered' the taco cart I've been going to for the last 8 years by asking me where I got my breakfast burrito, and of course now she's told the office all about her discovery.

She has a kid. Obviously. Doing what comes naturally to even spiders ranks amongst her biggest accomplishments. I went into the breakroom the other day and the topic of conversation was breast pumps. Seriously considered whether there is any point to life before hitting the Farmers Market for a nice stroll.

The coughing wouldn't bug if she covered her mouth. No. Too busy clicking through her friends' updates on FriendFace for that bit of courtesy.

The breeding does annoy because her spawn is like her favorite pair of shoes. She won't talk about anything else. She admits the child is largely an excuse to avoid doing work and is an unwanted imposition on her luckless family.

This morning she's busy shouting all the things I told her about on Friday like she thought of it her precious self. On yeah, and her kid. Don't forget that. Not for a single 5 minute span of time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home