Where Have All The Voices Gone?

Last night's game was a nail biting roller coaster ride!
The first inning saw the girls fall behind 4 nothing, and I spent the next few innings quite nauseous thinking I might vomit at any moment. Those wretched hags in the audience had these monstrous devices that they clapped together in unison (a lot like a group of monkeys might) to create the most appalling din. It must have been frightful to be in the middle of this arena, surrounded by thousands of wild beasts, screaming, chanting, and for the most part making an atrocious spectacle of themselves.
The girls found enough strength, however, to come back 6-4 in what can only be described as a festival of cuteness. Cutting those baying animals down to size. Only momentarily, however, and the Angels retook the lead. At this point I had just about enough retreated to my bath. I thought maybe the warm vapors would settle my nerves. They didn't.
Top of the ninth, 7-6, Yankees down by one, bases loaded, me apoplectic, but the swingings just weren't there and they are now off to New York where hopefully they will have some care for my fragile nerves. In any event, this will all be decided one way or another by Monday.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home