What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, June 26, 2006

Do you know what tomorrow is?



There are a few things you should know about me. One. I do not like blazers with frayed edges. I call them frazers. And I don't care which Urban Outfitters you bought it at it just spells all kinds of tragic to me. Two. Pointy clown shoes. No. Not even on Halloween. And finally three. This morning my bus drove by what I think may be the hottest guy I have ever seen in real life.

Today is Derek's birthday. He turns 32 today, and by 32 of course I mean 32 flavors of cute.

October Sky is a magical romp of a movie. I could not really get into Curb Your Enthusiasm. I think maybe I should start from the beginning. I watched a great deal of Voyager this weekend including one of my favorite episodes Course Oblivion. In a previous episode the crew of Voyager lent their genetic codes to a bio-mimetic species so that it might develop sentience. In this episode the same bio-mimetic lifeforms have grown to mimic the crew of Voyager completely. Aboard a duplicated ship they resume a course toward the alpha quadrant the whole time believing they are the original crew. That is until their enhanced warp drive causes serious cellular degradation. Everything on board begins to deteriorate including the ship. They are faced with the option of continuing toward Earth or returning to the Class Y planet of their origins. Returning to the Class Y (demon) planet in all likelihood would reverse the degradation. However, by the time Captain Janeway decides to cut her losses and return to the demon planet it is too late. Realizing they may never reach their destination, Janeway resolves to deploy a beacon containing the logs of the crew stating that this crew does not deserve to be forgotten. It is at about this moment that I lose it and start to cry. Anyway the beacon won't work because the systems on Voyager are too badly degraded. The ship and it's valiant crew disintegrate moments before their distress signal is answered by the original Voyager. Not knowing that they have responded to a distress call by the bio-mimetic life-forms they had assisted months earlier, the captain on the original Voyager makes a note in the log that all hands of the doomed ship have been lost. Stirring.

And unlike many shows, Voyager tackles the existential oeuvre with ease. So when people ask me if I am a "Trekkie" I proudly say "Hell Yah!" Why? What do you like to watch? Is it 24? Do you also like playing with your bellybutton? I like pizza and balloons!!!

Some douche face called me at like 8 in the mother effing morning on Saturday, and although I am enjoying my new "I smell sex and candy" ringtone it is not the kind of thing I like to hear at 8 in the mother effing morning. Please make a note of that. If you ever call me at 8 in the mother effing morning I will have you ejected into space.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wasn't ever in LA this morning. Oh, you said the "hottest", I thought you said fattest.
    Happy B-day to Derek.
    Dan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home