What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Friday, April 01, 2016

Problematic Fragmentation.

 
 
 
Nothing quite makes the heart glow like another's unfettered misapprehension. Especially when it relates to oneself and one's needs, abilities or one's willingness to put up with complete and total bullshit.
 
I had every intention of staying at home this morning. I thought I hit snooze which I normally do, but I actually just turned my clock off. I woke up a couple hours later than I usually do and I figured I should just stay at home, avoid the Century City spectacle entirely, and just remote into one of my other projects. This, I eventually decided mid-bath would be the absolute height of discourtesy so I came in anyway.
 
My mother, doing what she does, miscommunicated her arrival and departure time which is entirely within her rights. She will arrive if and when she feels like and she will depart if and when she feels like. Nothing wrong with that other than it impinges my ability to commit my presence in Century City. I communicate this to the necessary email recipients upon arrival in said Century God Damned Mother Fucking Century City and am almost immediately pinged back with a 'fine, but...' email.
 
I'm sorry, but there is no 'fine, but....' in this situation. There is reality and then there are mistakes. There is the reality of me making more money staying at home doing my business and there is the reality of me making less money coming to Century City. That someone would 'request', I suppose we can use the word 'request' additional commitments from me with respect to my anticipated availability smacks of breathtaking arrogance.
 
I'm tempted never to come back to this place ever again. There's a nice BiBimBap place some 20 minutes away and a Farmers Market on Thursday which I could just as easily go to on Sunday. Oh, and they can validate my parking if I actually drove myself around to places like a fucking peasant.
 
Good Day Sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home