What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

If It Were Impossible You Wouldn't Be Reading This.



I am no longer taking my extended stay in Folkestone, but I am back in my delightful if somewhat overheated Riseholme (Los Angeles) and I have to say I managed it without too much fussing and as near as I can see no tantrums so points me.

While waiting in what constitutes the Departure Lounge in Folkestone (Idaho Falls) my leg was quite nearly broken when some heifer's saddlebag fell onto me. I did my best to compose myself and rotate my limbs in such a way as to might fool any onlooker that I might be trying to assist the clumsy cow when she finally gathered up her man bags and apologized profusely I gave her an offhand 'No worries' and the promptly tried to run way.

Rather than leaving it where it unfortunately was, at that point the poly print bedecked he-she thing asked me if I was from Australia.

"Where?" I asked realizing at the moment given all my recent experience at National Parks it was a mistake to feed the bears.
"Australia?" She actually said it again.
"No. Why?" Yes, why do I do this to myself?
"Well with the no worries.' She said offhand with the confidence as if explaining away Cancer in a room full of Oncologists.

I couldn't even. I should have been scandalized and spat at the thing there on the spot, but so relieved I was to not have actually captured the InDaHo accent during my six week sojourn, I marked my relief and found a spot as far away from this creature as I could to await the boarding of zone 5 which did not come mercifully anywhere near soon enough.

The flight was pristine. Ground transportation inspired and oddly right where I needed them and right when I needed them. The hot Tourettes boy at the corner shop marked his surprise at seeing me after six or some weeks with a caterwauling yelp and by the time I arrived at the counter he had reverted to counting pennies out of a bag to compose himself. I waited. To be honest it's half the job and then he overcharged me. Hence the counting exercises I imagine.

Riseholme just seems to inspire me in a way Folkestone and heaven knows Tilling just can't seem to manage. I have a wretched 'Facetime' interview later with absolutely nothing to wear from my shoulder blade up and it will all be for a bunch of nonsense I just don't need in my life at the moment. Spending the next 3 months in Tilling I mean really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home