What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Who Is Going To Hype Me Now?



Nigel Cabourn, I'm sure you've heard of because he's now stocked at about 312 stores stateside and no one seems to be quiet about him. All the usual suspects carrying everything you would expect every other usual suspect to carry are featuring at least something from this remote and too precious for words heritage baiting English label. Note-I am apparently not the only one fed up with the heritage thing. "Heritage Brouhaha" I loves! Double note, I was never really "with" the heritage thing.

Back to Nigel C. Colors are vibrant and rugged on the Abercrombie tip! The look is studied and perhaps a bit too much so... There's a "theory" behind the label which always smacks of insincere marketing. But the 312 points of sale totally baffles me? Jeez!



So Headline News gave me something to squirm about. Not even a blip on BBC, but...

Laura Schlessinger is a name that I haven't heard in a while, but apparently she got her feewings hurt and is giving up talk radio is favor of a forum where she will not be subjected to the nuanced, critical and "raving" criticisms of the American public. As taxing as those can be. "Like being mugged by a guinea pig, quite terrifying" in the words of FU.

It's all too much for her having to defend her demented ramblings. All she was trying to do was make a "philosophical statement" which if you are having a hard time conceptualizing that just try to imagine your cat making odd hut like structures with his kitty flop.

However she decides to market her considerable intellectual musings I don't think the written word is going to capture the shrillness. Nor her thoughtfully crafted down homey register.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home