The Circles All Over The Place.

I went to see Star Trek again and I can confirm that it remains awesome. No fall down drunk dude this time so that was nice. Flicked through the new Fantastic Man and read the article on Bret Easton Ellis.
What wasn't so awesome was when I wandered about downtown Seattle looking for a brace of birthday presents. Both boys, probably needing some new gear, and Seattle happens to be about the worst place to shop for men's clothing. Some people might mention Blackbird, but I would have to dismiss them as raving goth obsessed lunatics. One shop has shut down altogether. Another one looks to be fixing to go out of business. Their stock was really low, and included a Kadorable (which I believe is now defunct and/or Loden Dager) tee shirt I bought four years ago. No lie. Another shop was filled, I mean up to the 1991 retro-tacky brim with Stussy. Another shop had a trio of mopey gaysians staring at me witheringly for reasons we both implicitly understood.
I was out. No way in hell was I fighting the heathenous hippos any longer. I would not stay for the International Cheese Festival at the market. I would not "taste" wine, and would on no account be pushed aside by someone on the hunt for stirrup pants. They gave me no choice. I had to retreat to the safety of on-line retail and the courtyard. No baseball though, but it seems the Yankees are doing just fab just the same. Gorgeous delight!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home