What's This About A New Way?

Anywhere

Monday, October 27, 2008

Yankee Go Home.


I walked all the way to work today. I felt like some kind of health nut, but actually some apartment burned down. Someone tragically lost their life, and my bus being rerouted seemed a bit of a non-issue. If it were raining it may have been a different story, but it was a gorgeous morning for a walk, and it was quite nice bypassing public transport.

The film Pride & Glory was quite good. Exceedingly violent. I even squirmed in places. And I never squirm unless giant Shelob spiders are on the screen. Colin Farrell kept his shirt on for the most part so in that sense the film is a failure. It was a bit overwrought in places, but I came away feeling an overall sense of satisfaction.

It’s weird, but since I moved out of Los Angeles I’ve been going to tons of movies. They are nice when the weather is foul, and when you aren’t living in the middle of the teeming tawdry and lurid entertainment industry you don’t feel so guilty supporting it. A little guilty. But not can’t drag my ass out of bed paralyzed with guilt guilt. That’s too much guilt to be carrying around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home