Pedigree Is Not A Class At The Dub.

Saturday morning and I'm off to work. Going to try to get as much work done as I can before my 2:00 hair did. Things have to be done you know.
I tripped by my favorite record shop yesterday and picked up the new Alva Noto. Fresh! Also picked up a Sebastien Roux disc entitled Pillow and let me just say the compositions are both heart rending and ferocious. And yes, I know how pretentious that sounds. But check this out. The guy that works at the record shop noted my purchases and couldn't stop himself from saying "Yeah, there's a new Ryoji Ikeda that just came in"........
I mean where do you hear shit like that? Amoeba?
I guess I'm not complaining. As down as I get on Seattle at least the coffee is good and, music appreciation extends a few steps beyond Televsion x Mission of Burma. I can dig.
Something I can't dig is this hole the Yankees seem to be digging themselves into. It has to stop. And soon. Derek got his I believe seventh homo of the season yesterday, but I can assure you there isn't much good news to share otherwise.
It shall be raining for the better part of the weekend up hiah in Seattle so when I'm not working or listening to pieces of groundbreaking genius I shall be watching oodles of DVDs that Anonymous Dan was generous enough to get me for my birthday. I have Faulty Towers on DVD. And Smiths documentaries up the wazoo. Woo Hoo! Television is the antidote to rain, and other such pithy asides.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home