Shock Of The Expected.
I’ve taken the bold step and swapped inexplicable anger for unbridled idiocy which is to say I have decamped Seattle for Idaho. Randomly curated charity shops for mega brand Church-affiliated super thrifts, Pho for tots, designer inbred dogs for albino inbred children, macrobiotic buckwheat milk for full-fat non-pasteurized goat, Axe Throwing gyms for closed down axe-throwing gyms. brunch for church.
The differences really aren’t that stark, yet they are distinct enough to wonder whether we've genuinely entered into a global economy.
I overdid it on Saturday. This doesn’t seem that unusual when half the town closes on Sunday. I went to one of those discount stores known for dented canned goods and boxed items nearing their best by date. I actually found some nice items and was determined to stand and wait no matter how long it took the cashiers to move through the substantial line of Saturday afternoon bargain hunters.
I was surprised when I found myself at the front of the line and cashier 5 indicated they were available. Cashier 5 and I have a history and he is the one who ordinarily would be more helpful if he died right in front of you. At least then he wouldn’t prattle on about nothing more interesting than his day up until that point while simultaneously being breathlessly useless. No such luck today and for the second time in 2026 I was given more information than I could possibly want about someone else’s sinus infection.
I have no else to blame but myself for getting myself into this nonsense. There is that expression some play checkers while other play chess. I prefer patience.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home